Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Rascal Flatts

For Christmas, I got Mom tickets to see Rascal Flatts. She loves country music, especially that group. We got to the arena early to try and get a good parking spot. Just as we were getting out of the car, I realized we did not have the tickets!! I had put them in the cup holder of my car, but when we decided to take Mom's car, I forgot to grab the tickets! Thank goodness for OnStar...and Daddy! I called OnStar and they unlocked my car. My dad was able to get the tickets and so generously drove them downtown to us! Glad we got down there early. We were inside and to our seats in plenty of time. The first opening act was a young kid named Hunter Hayes. I had never heard of him before. He looks like the Justin Beiber of country music. He was very talented and all the young girls around us LOVED him! Next, was Sara Evans. She did a great job! I enjoyed her show. Then the main act...Rascal Flatts. They had an awesome opening number, but by the time they came on, I was about ready for bed. I can't hang like I used to. It was already 9:30. So sad when I actually read that! We stayed until almost 11 and they were still rocking!

The best entertainment of the night, though, was the brother/sister duo infront of us. I thought they were 16/17ish, but my mom thinks they were a bit older. They knew every word, every note, every song of all 3 artists, even young Hunter Hayes. They had us in stitches. She was singing like she was auditioning for American Idol. And like true siblings, one minute they were happy and hugging, and the next minute, they were fighting and yelling! They were quite entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment