Tuesday, June 7, 2011

26 weeks

6 and half months! Unbelievable!
I had an appointment last week and met Dr. Boyd, another partner. Although he is nice, it wasn't a fun appointment. I failed my 1 hour glucose test and therefore got a lecture on eating too much fruit! I never thought I would get in trouble for eating too much fruit! We figured I was eating about 4 helpings of fruit per day. He said as far as my blood sugar is concerned, I might as well be eating 4 candy bars a day. Hey buddy...that would be cheaper and much more fun! So I have cut out the fruit this past week in preparation for the 3 hour glucose tolerance test I did today. YUCK!! I had to drink this sugary orange drink (no, not like Fanta) and then have my blood drawn every hour for 3 hours. Not a fun way to spend my morning. There were 2 other pregnant women at the lab having the same test done. The one pregnant woman took the one and only nice recliner, so I went next door to Starbucks to use their WiFi (after I promised I wouldn't try to eat, drink, or smoke!). I will find out later this week if I passed. I sure pray I did.
As promised, here is a picture of my compression stockings!! Although they can be hot...and hideous, they are helping. I didn't wear them Saturday with my jean skirt (of course not!), so after being on my feet for a few hours, I had to come home and put them on. My feet were killing me and my toes looked like sausages.

No comments:

Post a Comment