Tuesday, June 14, 2011

27 weeks and Islamorada


This is my last week in the 2nd trimester. Isn't that scary?!?! Time is flying by. I am getting anxious and nervous. Everything is being worked on to put the nursery together, but it isn't actually together yet. I know I have plenty of time, but it is a bit scary when I look in that room. I tend to keep the door closed.

Well, I passed the 3 hour glucose tolerance test!! What a relief. I am still being cautious about my sugar and carbohydrate intake. I did have a piece of carrot cake today at my boss's retirement party. It was the first piece of cake in a long time, but it was really good! My baby showers start next week, so I am sure there is more cake in my near future!

This week, Baby E's lungs are going through some major developments, which (combined with the opening of previously plugged nostrils) means she's now able to practice inhaling and exhaling. Even though it is amniotic fluid, it is just practice. She is the size of an eggplant, approximately 1.5-2.2lbs. I go to the doctor tomorrow for a check-up. I am not sure if I will have another ultrasound tomorrow or not. I am convinced Baby E is not yet head down as I am feeling a lot of kicking near my bladder and not so much near my belly. I am actually carrying pretty low, so I am having more bladder discomfort and not as much shortness of breath. But we still have 13 weeks for her to flip around.

This past weekend, Matt and I (and Cubbie) went to the Keys for a quick getaway. Our friends, Sarah and Ryan Lodge, invited us to their house in Islamorada. We figured this might be our last chance for a spontaneous getaway...for a little while atleast! We headed down Thursday afternoon and came home Sunday. We also met up with our friends Ashley and Matt Sarb. Matt had an orthopedics conference in Islamorada, so it worked out well for us all to meet up. Ashley, Sarah, and I went to high school together. Ashley has a 10 week old little girl, Alexa, and Sarah has a 7 month old boy, RJ. They are so precious. Alexa is so tiny and loves being held all the time. Even Matt held her for a few minutes. He was nervous with how tiny she is! RJ is on the move!! He is ready to hang with the big boys. He is about ready to start crawling and wants to eat EVERYTHING!! It was very entertaining to us all to see what he would eat...pizza crust, waffles, jelly, you name it, he ate it!

We didn't have an agenda while there and just relaxed. The boys did a little fishing, but the weather really didn't cooperate. The seas were a bit rough. It was just nice to relax and hang out with good friends.
RJ, 7 months
Fishing on the dock
Beautiful view from the dock
Sarah holding Alexa, 10 weeks old

Ashley and Alexa Sarb, me and Baby E, Sarah and RJ Lodge

Matt and Shannon, 27 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment