Monday, June 27, 2011

Week 29...11 to go!


This has been a busy but wonderful week. I had my first baby shower! My mom threw me a beautiful Tea Party Baby Shower with friends and family. It was totally girly and totally fun! I received so many nice things and am so grateful to everyone that came. But you know me, everything has already been organized and put away and tonight I am washing the new stuff! 11 weeks isn't far away, and little Miss E might make an early appearance if she is anything like her mom!

Baby E now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a little over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. Heartburn is at its worst, well, I guess things can always get worse. But seriously...it is outrageous. I was awake for 3 hours the other night eating crackers, Zantac, and milk. Matt was out of town, so Cubbie and I watched tv and snacked. The snacking got the baby moving and she was jumping all around. We had quite the 1am party at the Everett house! I have now tried Maalox which is helping. I go back to the doctor on Friday and will see what else they recommend.

It is becoming more difficult to bend over, so doing the laundry is difficult. But I still can't get out of that...darn!! My mom had to help me put my shoes on for the shower. I just couldn't get bent over to buckle them! I feel so silly.

Back to the doctor on Friday. I will be meeting another partner, Dr. McIntyre. She is actually married to Dr. Boyd. I couldn't imagine two OBs being married to each other. They must never see each other!





Shannon Family Girls: Jennifer, Aunt Lynda, me, BabyE, mom, Aunt Di


No comments:

Post a Comment