Monday, September 5, 2011

39 weeks...and counting down!

Happy Labor Day...but no LABOR here!! Not yet so far. 4 hours and Labor Day is over. Today was one of my due dates!! Hahaha. But I guess Baby E had other ideas. There is nothing new to report. I have a few contractions here and there but really nothing consistent. Dr. Barnes told me to start walking to try to stimulate things, but nothing has helped. I have walked the beach, around Costco, around the block, through Target...over the river and through the woods...but nothing. This little princess is quite comfortable.

On a happy note, two of my friends that have been going through this pregnancy with me have both delivered happy and healthy baby boys. Nicole was first. She was due September 6th, but had a scheduled C-section on September 1st. Declan Michael O'Sullivan was born at 10:36am on September 1st and weighed in at 8 lbs 4oz. He is really sweet and mommy is doing great. I was able to go up to the hospital and meet him!

Then on Saturday, Janice was induced. She was due the day after me, September 13th, with baby number 4. She never finds out the gender so the anticipation was great and it was fun to find out. She had a bit of a longer labor because her baby was trying to come into this world hand first! But baby figured it out and she gave birth to a healthy baby boy, Blake Edward Batsch, on Sunday September 4th at 12:47am. He weighed in at 7lbs 15oz. She had the pleasure of being delivered by Dr. Barnes...one of his last deliveries before retiring. All 4 of her babies have been delivered by him. Today, Nicole and I went up to see her and meet Baby Blake. They took a picture of me holding both newborns on my big belly...trying to encourage Baby E to make an entrance. I asked the nurse if they had an open bed that I could use and get this party started! No such luck!

I have a check-up tomorrow with Dr. Boyd. We will see if I have made any progress. I understand he is not a fan of inductions, so we will see what he has to say.
Thank you to everyone for the sweet emails, texts, and calls checking up on us. We truly appreciate all the prayers and encouragement. We will keep you posted.

*In the pictures below, you can see the hospital gowns the girls sewed! Mine will make its debut soon!

Janice (38 weeks), Nicole (beautiful new mommy), me (38 weeks)

With Nicole and Declan

Nicole, Janice (beautiful mommy of 4!), me (blowfish face)

Blake and Declan telling Baby E to come out and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment